Menu
d_mengs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Router for 2 xbones.

Fed up now with the constant disconnection on both Xbox one's. Tried wireless and wired, wired is okay for a short while then disconnects and makes the nat strict.
I have no confidence in the Virgin media kit so can anyone recommend a router that will support 2 Xbox one's and give open nats??
0 Kudos
shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router for 2 xbones.

It's nothing to do with the router, it's a known problem currently so just sit tight. There are numerous threads regarding the same issues.
0 Kudos
d_mengs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm aware of the issue but I still get a strict nat on one of the console's more often than not due to the poor upnp implementation of the Virgin media routers. I'd rather a better router and put the hub in modern mode.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Here is a short list from Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/40pllw/list_of_routers_supporting_2_xbox_ones_with_an/

There are a lot more than the ones listed there and the MS Xbox forum in the past had a nice section that listed routers and had feedback from users about how well they worked with multiple consoles.  I think it still exists but is harder to find and navigate these days, but you could try here:

https://forums.xbox.com/en-US/forums/4632b799-d367-4ca3-b0fe-e0b5e9c9ff58_83993593-fc8d-4d87-a633-86...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Jacko1983
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

this might sound a bit daft but have you tried changing the name of one of your xbox ones in the settings > console info.

This fixed my problem. i think UPNP gets confused when there are two devices with the same name on the network

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Jacko1983 wrote:

this might sound a bit daft but have you tried changing the name of one of your xbox ones in the settings > console info.

This fixed my problem. i think UPNP gets confused when there are two devices with the same name on the network

That would fit with what I have just found:

"If a UPnP device chooses to provide a host name to a DHCP server and register with a DNS server (when available), the device must either ensure the requested host name is unique or must provide a means for the user to change the requested host name. DHCP and DNS servers cannot be depended on to resolve hostname conflicts, and duplicate hostnames on the same network registered in the DNS can break UPnP networking."

Found that here: http://www.upnp.org/download/upnp_vendor_implementation_guide_jan2001.htm

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.