Menu
iced_dragon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous lag when playing games.

I don't ever think I've had so many problems with lag with any one ISP. I've been with virgin for a few years now and I consistently have problems high ping and internet disconnecting. This lag is consistent it doesn't matter what time of the day it is, off peak or peak the lag is there, always and recently it has gotten worse.

Anyone here know why this is happened?

My Broadband Ping
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ridiculous lag when playing games.

Hi iced_dragon

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing with lag when playing online. That graph you posted is not looking healthy. I'd like to arrange an engineer visit to look into this for you so I'll send you a PM to get this organised. 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
iced_dragon
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problem has still not been fixed. Was fine for a couple of days, figure it would fix itself.

If anything it has gotten worse and more consistent. the engineer came out looked at everything and said it was fine, He even change the Superhub just in case it was that.

It's like I'm playing on servers that are hosted in America. The only other option I can think of at them moment would be to switch ISP.

0 Kudos
swanne98
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same thing happened to me mate, got my dad to phone them up as im only 17 and dont pay for it, he must have been on the phone for atlease 2 hours with them running test etc and in the end they said they couldnt do anything. my lag started around the time my dad got a email about speed upgrades if one of the forum team could say they're doing work on servers to support the speed upgrades or weather its gonna be like it for a long time would help.

All the best with your problem hope it fixes for you soon Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
iced_dragon
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi iced_dragon

Sorry to hear that these problems are still continuing. Everything looks ok when running a few checks on your connection after the engineer visit. I'm going to send you a PM for some additional info to get this looked into.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
iced_dragon
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changed to the Superhub 2a, still having trouble with the lag. Ping always shooting up when i'm trying to play games and then it would feel like the internet has cut out for a few minutes. Web pages would take forever to load during this time.

Here is a graph: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/f9c8121654c6cf4d73e094379dfce1ef-27-01-2016.html
0 Kudos