Menu
Armaitus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Response from Elder Scrolls Online re: disconnections on Virgin

After over 2 weeks of disrupted gameplay, ESO support have got back to me with the following... TLSmiley Very HappyR Superhub2 firmware upgrade cripples online gaming.

Greetings,

Thank you for updating me on the status of the issue you are encountering.

We have started to receive reports that players of games which require a persistent internet connection for long periods of time (30+ minutes uninturrupted), as is the case with ESO, are periodically losing their connection briefly on specific router models. Players are reporting that the connection is fine, but after 30 minutes or so, a brief hiccup will cause the connection to drop outright.

This issue appears to mostly be affecting the SuperHub 2 router after updating the firmware version V2.01.03, which is currently being deployed to more and more areas, although there is some indication that other models may be affected, including other SuperHub models and the Netgear VEGN2610. This Firmware update would have been an automatic update.

We are currently investigating this issue to see if there is anything that we can do from our end, but for now, the only known workarounds seem to be to either bypass the router functionality of the hardware entirely by placing the unit in Modem Mode, and just use it as a modem, or to contact your ISP to discuss options to revert to an older Firmware version.

If you are experiencing this issue on any setup other than SuperHub 2 on Firmware 2.01.03, please let us know the following:

Internet Service Provider:

City/Region:

Router Manufacturer:

Router Model Number:

Router Firmware Version:

Approximate date the issue began occurring:
0 Kudos
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Response from Elder Scrolls Online re: disconnections on Virgin

So it seems at this stage that absolutely everyone realises the problem is the SuperHub 2 and its firmware - except for Virgin Media who are telling us that we are all mistaken....

0 Kudos
Armaitus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The chap I spoke to accepted there was a problem with the superhub2 but couldn't do anything about it.
0 Kudos
misterdee
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Armaitus wrote:
The chap I spoke to accepted there was a problem with the superhub2 but couldn't do anything about it.

i've been discussing this for weeks, and after a 2 hour conversation with virgin today; the delightful lady cut me off.

seems virgin will not admit to the fault, although they have supposedly told superusers behind the scenes it does in fact exist !

so for now as they refuse to admit fault, update the SH2 to the AC which does not have this problem, we are forced to suck it up or shed money for our own routers.

nice to know they'll take my money each month but give me half a service and cut me off when they cant be **bleep** to talk to me

0 Kudos
CSMacDonald
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

misterdee wrote:

Armaitus wrote:

i've been discussing this for weeks, and after a 2 hour conversation with virgin today; the delightful lady cut me off.

seems virgin will not admit to the fault, although they have supposedly told superusers behind the scenes it does in fact exist !

so for now as they refuse to admit fault, update the SH2 to the AC which does not have this problem, we are forced to suck it up or shed money for our own routers.

nice to know they'll take my money each month but give me half a service and cut me off when they cant be **bleep** to talk to me

Report them to OFCOM. 

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/

0 Kudos
Armaitus
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The first chap I talked to told me to go to BT or Sky!
0 Kudos
misterdee
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

so, i gave in and went out and bought my own router today. only cost me £35 and now everything is running perfect.

So i guess £35 to prove that it is vms firmware/SH2 problem, and an up grade to my own ac enabled router with far better security and a ton of features is money well spent.

thanks virgin, excellent customer service once again !

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Armaitus and everyone else in the thread.

Thanks for posting and providing the content of the message you received from ESO.

We have noticed an increase in traffic on the forum regarding these issues. With the help of the community we have recently raised this up for investigation once again and will keep you all informed.

Many thanks.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

CSMacDonald wrote:

So it seems at this stage that absolutely everyone realises the problem is the SuperHub 2 and its firmware - except for Virgin Media who are telling us that we are all mistaken....

I kinda told Brad at Zenimax that it was the Shub 2 and the firmware Smiley Tongue

I did a bit of forum posting when it was 100% clear it was the firmware... Blizz hasn't noticed much, but they suspected.

Gazilion for Marvel Heroes hasn't said anything....

CCP said nothing either.

anyways.. you get the idea at least Zenimax was quick to notice and put 2 and 2 together Smiley Happy

Majide!
0 Kudos
comadrake
Joining in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I just had a delightful call with the Tech Support, and they too were as helpful as ever.

Can you let me know what router you purchased? I'm thinking it will be a much better investment of my time to just buy a better one.

Thanks

0 Kudos