Menu
OTTODAD
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacing BT Broadband

After a week BT engineers are still trying to find why my landline and with it their Broadband is out of order and had to get a PAY-AS-YOU-GO O2 USB-Dongle to be able to use the Internet on my WIN-7 Pro computer and am considering ditching BT Telecom altogether, also having a Mobile phone I hardly use, being 86 now and live on my own !

How does an external wireless Virgin Mobile connect to the Internet not having been plugged into a computer's USB socket ?

Install some software into my WIN-7 computer it can communicate with ?

I maintain my own web site for use by Train Simulator fans: http://www.otto-wipfel.co.uk/ and uploading to it could reach 3GB a month !

Appreciating your advice !

Take care, Otto.

0 Kudos
OTTODAD
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacing BT Broadband

One more question.

My rural BT copper cable Broadband connection gives me an average 120 KB/Sec download speed here at GL12 8UJ and half of that when uploading to my web site.

Checking it with your function does not tell me what your wireless mobile's download speed is, other than saying "Excellent", meaning what ?

Can somebody at Virgin please answer my questions or do I have to complain to Richard via recorded surface mail ? Will save me having to look up his private address in the UK Registrar of Companies, him being a shareholder of various companies !

So far I am not impressed with Virgin's bloated and unhelpful for prospective customers support ! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It can take several days for the VM Forum Team here to respond to posts, as this is basically a customer to customer info exchange.

Richard who???

Mr Branson no longer has a business interest in Virgin Media, the brand name is on lease to the new owners, Liberty Global. So the new bloke at the top is the american media tycoon John Malone.

http://www.libertyglobal.com/our-operations.html

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
OTTODAD
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but that is not good enough !

I want information from the horses mouth before buying from it !

Checked out Liberty Global using Google and it is another huge corporation, most likely being riddled with incompetent management and front line troupes like NPower and BT are saddled with and have an Alan Sugar attitude !

Was in the process of buying a monthly contract  Mobile Internet unit to test its performance and would cancel it if it is not good enough, but have aborted it !

Case closed and this thread can now be removed from this useless to me forum !

I am OTTODAD in the US Train Simulator forum and after almost 40000 posts of mine have helped many who like in this forum could not get helpful and informative answers.

Have a good Christmas, Otto.

0 Kudos