Menu
ToddSandler
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recent Lag Spikes

Hello,

Recently, starting 4 days ago, I've been getting lag spikes on my internet causing me to lag when playing games making then feel unplayable when playing. I'm watching a Livestream it'll buffer. I have tried a lot of fixes on the equipment that I have at my home and have come to the conclusion of it being a problem with a nearby virgin hub. 

Hope to find a fix soon. Thank you, Todd Sandler

Silverob
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent Lag Spikes

I have the same problem it's so disheartening speaking with customer services on the phone, they tried to make me pay for them to fix it!
0 Kudos
Ragga_Moofin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same here, ping seems to vary, some days good other days It's terrible. Post If you have a fix, cheers.

0 Kudos
Jd101
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EA Games have suggested changing the NAT from 2 to 1 and then someone at virgin opened my ports for me but not sure bout the NAT but it's still lagging Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ToddSandler,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

From checking your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable, which is great.

Do you notice an issue on all devices or just on the Xbox/PS4?

Does this happen at certain times of the day?

Are you able to create a Broadband Quality Monitor please as this will check the performance of the connection? If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos