Menu
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 11 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Really bad latency in FPS games

Depends if you go via the CEO office, just google VM CEO, and you may get an email address.

Also depends if any SH2 or SH2AC are left.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It's strange, some games my connection is fine then all of sudden I can't get a kill in cod and I'm experiencing horrific levels of latency in my connection which leads me to think if virgin are throttling my connection?
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

But whatever, when will a virgin mod guy get back to me so I can get support to help me get to the bottom of this issue?
My connection is fine, really good ping, my super hub is fine but why am lagging so bad sometimes? It's frustrating me but it has to be because of virgin
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

This is a known issue..

Have a look at this POST.

--
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had same issue with superhub 2, it's not just superhub 3
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I get no lag, maybe Modem mode is for you...

--
0 Kudos
ScottingB
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

A known issue thats been around for nearly a year now and nothing has been done to fix it... I doubt VM will even bother if its gonna cost a lot, Screw there customers right?

0 Kudos
trekrich
Joining in
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

so it would seem, i am glad i came here now!

0 Kudos
chand93
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media sent around sales advisors to my place,and 300mb sure is tempting,however i would want very low latency,so i guess i'll stay with nowtv no contract 80/20 fibre until Virgin pull their finger out and fix the puma 6 issue.I'm glad i came to the forums not only has it put me off but reminds me of the issues i had which was fustrating.

If you're a few days late with payment you'll get restricted,yet if there service fails you are meant to live with it.If you're lucky you might get 20p off next bill.

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

chand93 wrote:

Virgin Media sent around sales advisors to my place,and 300mb sure is tempting,however i would want very low latency,so i guess i'll stay with nowtv no contract 80/20 fibre until Virgin pull their finger out and fix the puma 6 issue.I'm glad i came to the forums not only has it put me off but reminds me of the issues i had which was fustrating.

If you're a few days late with payment you'll get restricted,yet if there service fails you are meant to live with it.If you're lucky you might get 20p off next bill.

Let me correct one thing, its not down to VM to fix, they don't make the modem, intel do, intel are the ones that need to pull their finger out

0 Kudos