Menu
Greendore
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Random ping spikes/lag for the last 2 weeks.

Since having Virgin I've never had a problem, constant 140-160mb download on wireless and no lag at all with online games. However the last 2 weeks have been hell, random disconnects, slow browser also I would be in a game with a ping of 30-40 for 3-4 minutes then it will shoot up to 80-400 while the game starts rubber banding making it unplayable. Whats going on? I've seen 9 new posts so far with people having the exact problem and Virgin are keeping quiet, its pretty lucky for me that my contract is about to expire!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Greendore
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random ping spikes/lag for the last 2 weeks.

Just had an engineer out who couldn't see any problems so he gave me a new hub, however the problem still persists, random ping spikes when gaming! What is going on, if this keeps up I won't be renewing my contract with Virgin next month and I will look else where, this is clearly a problem on Virgins half as 2 weeks ago my Internet and WIfi was finer until there network went down!

0 Kudos
msepthaelre
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

same thing happens to me every 10-20 seconds and then gets back to normal, FIX THIS ALREADY **bleep**!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greendore,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor latency.

It sounds as though you're gaming on wireless which I would advise against as it is susceptible to far more interference than a wired connection.

I've just checked your connection from here and can see no issues, your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy. 

Could you try a wired connection to rule out any wireless interference?

Let us know how you get on.

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos