Menu
danwesty
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Random extremely high ping

Every so often my ping will suddenly increase to around 500-1000 for no reason and stay like that for a while, one of the people on the live chat support said it was because of high traffic but I don't think that is the reason. I am in the south west area if anybody else around here is having the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random extremely high ping

Hi danwesty,

Welcome to the community, though the ping problems sound frustratingSmiley Sad

I've just been running a few checks on your connection and looks like the problem may be due to the downstream power levels reported, which are too high and will cause performance issues.

The good news is we can remedy this with an engineer visit, I'll drop you a Private Message (purple envelope upper right) so we can this booked in for youSmiley Happy

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi danwesty

I hope you don't mind me picking this up as Ralph is currently away form the office. Thanks for confirming those details for us. Unfortunately those times aren't available for an engineer visit. Is there any other day/time that will be convenient for you? Appointments range from 8-12, 12-4, and 4-7 Monday to Friday. Saturdays are 8-12 and 12-4. 

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
danwesty
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any time between 12-4 on monday or tuesday is fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey danwesty,

I've just sent you a PM with a confirmation of the engineer booking.

Let us know how it goes.

Kev

0 Kudos