Menu
sneece
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Random Disconnects from Xbox Live

Hi, I spoke with a helpful person on the phone last week - I informed them that this has been an ongoing issue for a while now, i would randomly get disconnected from xbox live - the first steps I took was to make sure I use a wired connection, it happened again sporadically sometimes going fine for days but it would happen occasionally still!

I replaced the cables just incase and even had a replacement router (From Superhub2 to now a Superhub3) until I figured maybe its my xbox... I recently bought another xbox (Xbox One X) and thought this should prove if this was infact the problem, Sad to say that I still get disconnected from time to time. After explaining this to the lady I spoke to from the support team she said that she would pass this over to the network team who would be monitoring the connection for a week or so, I was asked to make a note each time the connection would drop off, sure enough yesterday I had yet another random disconnect

I made a note of this and just called Virgin Media to ask them to put this in the notes - however unfortunately the support staff on the phone were not very helpful - After I explained all the above to her and give her the date and time of the latest disconnect from Xbox Live she seemed to be quite confused, then informed me she made a note of the time and date I give her although...couldn't tell me the time and date... yep..

At the end of the day I just want this fixed so i do not have to chance service provider.

I just want to make sure this is still being monitored, I am more than willing to update with info on the latest disconnects but unfortunately the first line support on the phone seems like it isn't the place to provide the updates.

Hopefully someone from Virgin support is reading this and gets back to me with an update! in which case the key things to mention here are:

• Happens sporadically sometimes after days of it being fine
  • When it disconnects it reconnects after about 5 minutes - I still have a valid IP and all other devices in the house are fine!
  • I play with friends who also use Virgin media as their ISP who live locally who do not have this problem
  • I had an issue awhile back where the cable outside in the garden had to be mended, wihch cause me slow speeds, since then speeds were fine but I still have this silly little problem not sure if related?

Finally, the latest connection dropout was 4th Feb - around 9.40pm from the IP 192.168.0.26 (hopefully this will help whoever is monitoring tihs for me, if at all!?)

I would really appreciate someone getting back to me here as I would rather not change ISP if i do not have to.

Kind Regards

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Random Disconnects from Xbox Live

Really sorry to hear about this Ian,

What type of connection are you struggling with? Hardwired or wireless?

If WiFi, it's worth Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to potentially improve this type of connection.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
sneece
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat

I am using a cable, I have also used multiple different cables just incase this was the problem.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for updating sneece,

I've checked things from this end and there are some visible timeouts developing via the equipment levels that I'd like for an engineer to investigate.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get an engineer visit arranged.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

0 Kudos
sneece
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for looking into this Nat. I will be in touch.

Much appreciated

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem,

Catch you in a bit.

Nat_J

0 Kudos