Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (91 Views)

Random DC's and "no internet connection"

As a little background in to this issue, I live in a block of flats in Clifton Nottingham for students and young professionals so no access to a "router" as that is handled by a switch and server in a small harry potter styled cupboard downstairs that we cannot obviously access. The connection itself is managed by a company called Daisy and they deal with a company called Mason Infotech, who in turn have set up the server and the wireless access points throughout the building.

Now since Thursday/Friday we have had random drop outs of our "internet" connection as a whole. Now for me this has meant I struggle to play Diablo 3, I may get to clear a rift before my connection gets dropped and I get kicked out of the game and have to reconnect. I haven't had chance to really "test" any other online games as Origin does not connect neither and trying to update it causes it to hang halfway through. Personally I don't see the point in testing other online games as I would just end up getting frustrated and/or reported for disconnecting from the game constantly. (We all know what online gaming communities are like sometimes (LoL))

I know this is in the gaming section because that is the problem I'm having currently (or the one that is really annoying me) but it is also across everything, from my mobile device struggling to get internet to drop outs in streaming and web pages not loading due to the lack of internet connection.

Does anyone have any idea's if this is a problem with Virgin Media as some of the locals have been reporting problems with their Xbox's and such having issues online too, all with VM.

As a few extra details I am gaming on PC with everything up to date and clean, my specs are;

Intel i7 4770k, 16gb ram, gtx 760 2g, tp link t4uh wireless adapter and the wireless routers in the building are all Cisco.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 3 (73 Views)

Re: Random DC's and "no internet connection"

Oh and the line is a leased VM line, that much I know for sure (Y)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3 (35 Views)

Re: Random DC's and "no internet connection"

Hi there Medders88,

Really sorry to hear about your connection trouble.

I'd like to help with this.

Can you get back to me if possible via private mail with the following information so that I can make further investigations?:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address

Catch you in a bit,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos