Menu
BunnyBallBall
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rainbow Six Siege Cannot Connect to RB6 ubisoft Servers and strict Nat type

Hello,

Since Tuesday the 14th when launching Rainbow Six Siege on the PC the game will progress through the start up process and then on click to start the game will attempt to connect to the Siege servers and after a long time will error and bring up a pop up with the error code stating that it cannot connect to the servers. When the front end loads the nat type will say strict and that is it. There was an occasion it all worked fine and I got to play one round but then got dropped on the second round of the match with the same error. I'm using ethernet and a superhub.

I have tried a lot of things I have read on forums and in the ubisoft support page, seeing as this is only effecting me an a few other people, it's not a massive wide ubisoft problem. I have tried other online games and they work fine. I have tried:

• Unchecked UPnP on the router
  • Applied that change
  • Re-checked UPnP on the router
  • Applied that change
  • Soft reset the router
  • set up port forwarding as instructed by ubisoft
  • tried with no firewall
  • re-launched uplay and relogged in
  • updated windows security and os updates
  • cleaned the pc
  • flushed dns

I saw on a post on this forum that some moderators reported users with similar problems having a fault with the superhub and intermittent SNR (noise ingress) or the downstream power levels are too low .

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Superhub-2-Strict-NAT-PC/m-p/2999211/highlight/tr...

Any help would be appreciated, is my hub fried? can it be fixed? Do i need a new one?

Cheers

Simon

RedEyes
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rainbow Six Siege Cannot Connect to RB6 ubisoft Servers and strict Nat type

i used to play this game alot on PS4 and follow RB6 on twitter. Ubisoft have had horrendous problems with servers disconnecting and just plain not working properly. Infact it got so bad on PS4 last month with servers being down multiple times a day that i actually deleted the game and gave up. You may well be aware of this already, but if not it certainly wouldnt suprise me if this is more a Ubisoft problem rather than yours.

Sorry that it doesnt answer your question but just thought i would reply just incase

0 Kudos
BunnyBallBall
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This issue is only effecting a small amount of people and not server-wide. I'm able to play other online games fine though, but the only info I have is nat related but nothing official has been said by Ubisoft so I can only assume its ISP or technical.

0 Kudos
crockettburnett
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I just saw your post and had to sign up!!

im having the exact same issue with a Super hub 2, this is on xbox, everything else works fine and i have even contacted ubi and jumped through all of there hoops, still nothing i cant get past the splash screen and just get an error stating servers unreachable.

did you ever get the issue resolved?

0 Kudos
BunnyBallBall
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I jumped through the hoops too with UBI, I did manage to get it work, sometimes, I'm not entirely sure if it's an UBI (RB6 only) and virgin media problem.

To fix it.. "fix" I did all the stuff on the UBI help page (e.g. setting up all the ports etc) and then on the router page I reset the UPnP a few times (turning it on and off a few times) and restarting the router. After doing that a few times it worked for a bit. Sometimes I will need to redo it. Yes it sucks as a solution.

Personally I think my super hub 2 is getting old and burned out from lots of usage, so I spoke to virgin about getting an upgraded device but they said I can only get one if I upgrade the package. So I've been holding off.

You could try - at a cost - turning the super hub into just a modem and buying a new router (like an awesome gaming one) - this is an option I've considered. But I live with housemates and don't want to give them better internet if it sends up just killing my ping.

If it is a bug with rainbow six, it is super specific if it's ISP related, and I doubt they will notice it or be able to fix it.

Let me know how you get on with the UPnP thing, remember you have to do it a few times, with a router reset between each one - you can reset the superhub via the web page if you can't be bothered to keep walking over to the plug. and make sure you don't hit any factory reset buttons, just reboot router ones.

hope this helps crockett

0 Kudos