Menu
Rudince
Joining in
Message 1 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Psn problems

Hi, I think my virgin media hub is blocking my Psn account.

I can get an Internet connection on my ps4 and go to websites, but I can't not log in to Psn to play games online.

I have used my phone to hotspot the play station and I can sign in to psn which is why I think the problem is the router.

Problem started 10pm 3rd August.
0 Kudos
ChrisC1988
Tuning in
Message 2 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Psn problems

I'm having the exact same issue. I personally think it's the firmware update on the router. It's the only logical reason for it to stop working all of a sudden.

It's been a gd couple of hours since I posted something on this forum and no reply or acknowledgement from Virgin media so I'm sure they don't have a clue either which is frustrating
0 Kudos
liverpaul
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Mine was like this since Thursday, today it was fine for few hours now it's literally just gone. I'm flogging this ps4 disliked psn anyway
0 Kudos
ChrisC1988
Tuning in
Message 4 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I don't think it's necessarily psn fault there must be a issue with Virgin if we all are experiencing this and the fact that the personal hotspot on my iPhone worked fine but Virgin always fails on psn sign in
0 Kudos
Rudince
Joining in
Message 5 of 77
Flag for a moderator

No doubt the problem is with Virgin. Just totally frustrating that it happened at random and there's no end in sight. I eventually got put through to the "console" team on the phone after 18 minutes and they hung up before I even spoke to anyone.
0 Kudos
ChrisC1988
Tuning in
Message 6 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Iv got a engineer coming out tomorrow to fit a new router in. Not sure if it's downgrading it upgrading though. Don't think he would have a clue about the issue anyway as it's the firmware
0 Kudos
liverpaul
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Still... I'm getting rid, I got ps4 due to mates never like psn via ps3. I play online alot so xbox live is my.choice
0 Kudos
jinz24
Joining in
Message 8 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I have had the same problem since yesterday night.

I have tried everything opened ports, done all the stuff for the PS4 and still no luck.

Any idea when Virgin will actually fix this?

I though PSN was down, but clearly not.

0 Kudos
ChrisC1988
Tuning in
Message 9 of 77
Flag for a moderator

No jinz the problem lies with Virgin media! If I did the mobile hotspot and it didn't work/connect then I'd be thinking its psn but it works perfectly
0 Kudos
Rudince
Joining in
Message 10 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Well if the new router fixes the problem looks like we are all getting new routers. Annoying that it's gone wrong through no fault of our own. My router kicked me off psn without me touching a single setting
0 Kudos