Menu
Crazyladytj
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Psn network wireless set up

Trying to set up wireless on PS3 for psn. I've followed online instructions but it keeps failing. Get as far as security bit none wep wap I think. I've tried all 3 but nothing works I can't find the key for the last 2 to try can anyone help at my wits end tia
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Psn network wireless set up

The security setting to select on the PS3 is "WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK" and the key you need is the wireless passphrase, which if you haven't changed it should be on a sticker on the side or bottom of your hub.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Crazyladytj
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I think I put that code in yesterday but it said it said it needed to be both letters and numbers but my passcode is all letters so I'm stumped
Any other suggestions ????
Tracy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tracy

I have had my PS3 connected by Ethernet for years (I'd recommend it over wireless for better gaming) so it has been a while since I tried setting up the wireless.  I have just tried it now with a passphrase that was all letters and the PS3 didn't complain about a lack of numbers.  The only restriction that I'm aware of for "WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK" is a minimum of 8 characters for the passphrase.

Are you able to connect other wireless devices?  If the PS3 is insisting on numbers on the passphrase then you could change the passphrase, instructions HERE.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos