Menu
Corso20
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Psn blocking on ps4

Do you resolve problem with PS4 customer errors: ws-37397-9 WE cant sign in to PSN. And the issue is on your site. I dont know if is ports closed or vpn issue. But when i change my proxy it is work but i dont want to pay for proxy change and free one is limited. Playstation support explain that the internet provider fault. Please advice.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Psn blocking on ps4

This is a Sony issue that they refuse to address and it affects users all over the world.  Here is a post from a US user on the Sony forum:

"I had this issue after my ISP had an outage a couple of days ago.   I can confirm 100% what others have said, it means that the Sony servers are refusing connection to your IP address.  If you didn't get any kind of email or notification and you haven't been doing naughty things, then this is absolutely not something you did wrong or screwed up.  You just have bad luck.

Basically, if you got this error out of the blue, here is most likely what happened:

- Your DHCP lease expired and you got a new dynamically assigned IP from your internet provider.

- Someone who had that IP before you did was responsible for doing something naughty -- maybe DDoSing Sony servers -- and then released that IP back into the pool.

- Now you were randomly assigned that IP by your ISP, and as a result, you are effectively banned from PSN services.

I called Sony Support and they were completely useless.  They insisted that this wasn't what happened to me and that I needed to have my IP allow ports X, Y, and Z.  Obviously, this was complete nonsense.

My IP (Comcast, unfortunately) was also completely useless and told me they can't release my DHCP lease or assign me a new dynamic IP by request.  So I just said screw it and set my Modem/Router into bridge mode and hooked up a spare Cisco router I had available.   New MAC address = new dynamic IP = I can now connect to PSN just fine."

VM can't make Sony change their blocking policy or make them remove your IP from their block list. The only way I know of making VM change your IP is to put your hub in modem mode if it is in router mode or vice versa as modem mode & router mode use a different pool of IP addresses.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001. 

All Replies
LoveSpuds
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I had suffered with this twice before, once it lasted for 2 weeks before it fixed itself.

I recently upgraded to the new Virgin HUB and it has been amazing up until this morning when sure enough, I can no longer log into any Playstation services.

PSN will not connect on my PS4 and I cannot log into the PlayStation website using my home internet connection either.  If I try and log into the Playstation website using my tablet, phone or PC on my home connection I find that is blocked too.  If I try and log into the website using my phones mobile connection however, I am in with no problems.

Basically, I think that my IP address has been blocked by Sony for some reason as I can log in using any other connection, my PS4 logs in at my parents house with no issue too.

I went around the houses last time and despite some help from moderators here I got nowhere and Virgin didnt want to know, despite me paying £127 a month to them.

I just hope it fixes itself soon I guess.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is a Sony issue that they refuse to address and it affects users all over the world.  Here is a post from a US user on the Sony forum:

"I had this issue after my ISP had an outage a couple of days ago.   I can confirm 100% what others have said, it means that the Sony servers are refusing connection to your IP address.  If you didn't get any kind of email or notification and you haven't been doing naughty things, then this is absolutely not something you did wrong or screwed up.  You just have bad luck.

Basically, if you got this error out of the blue, here is most likely what happened:

- Your DHCP lease expired and you got a new dynamically assigned IP from your internet provider.

- Someone who had that IP before you did was responsible for doing something naughty -- maybe DDoSing Sony servers -- and then released that IP back into the pool.

- Now you were randomly assigned that IP by your ISP, and as a result, you are effectively banned from PSN services.

I called Sony Support and they were completely useless.  They insisted that this wasn't what happened to me and that I needed to have my IP allow ports X, Y, and Z.  Obviously, this was complete nonsense.

My IP (Comcast, unfortunately) was also completely useless and told me they can't release my DHCP lease or assign me a new dynamic IP by request.  So I just said screw it and set my Modem/Router into bridge mode and hooked up a spare Cisco router I had available.   New MAC address = new dynamic IP = I can now connect to PSN just fine."

VM can't make Sony change their blocking policy or make them remove your IP from their block list. The only way I know of making VM change your IP is to put your hub in modem mode if it is in router mode or vice versa as modem mode & router mode use a different pool of IP addresses.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001. 

LoveSpuds
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for this, you would think Virgin could change my IP for me really, I am paying them a bloody fortune each month.  The WIFI gets used extensively by my wife and two teenage kids so I cannot really cut off the WiFi signal by going into Router mode.

I am so fed up about this, seems like Sony nor Virgin are interested in helping out.  Would using one of those VPN services work?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

A VPN would assign you a different IP address and for accessing the PlayStation web site on a PC would be fairly straight forward.  You either use a web browser plugin or some PC software to direct your traffic via the VPN.  Accessing PSN on the PS4 via a VPN is trickier and would require you to use a PC as a proxy server or buying a 3rd party router that has the right VPN capabilities.

Corso20
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So you said change virgin hub into modem mode and conect second router will solve a problem
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Corso20 wrote:
So you said change virgin hub into modem mode and conect second router will solve a problem

It might. IF the problem is that the IP address you have been assigned in router mode is being blocked by Sony, then changing to modem mode mode would give you a different IP address.  As long as this new IP is not blocked then it should fix the problem.

I would suggest putting the hub in modem mode and plugging the PS4 into the hub as a test to see if that works before investing in a new router.

0 Kudos
Corso20
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What if this doesn't help. Change internet provider or sign new contract?
0 Kudos
Corso20
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Success. Thanks a lot all sorted
0 Kudos
Benjiffy
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator