Menu
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 problems since i had to factory reset my router

hi the other day i discovered my 200mb was running at a massive 3mb download but the upload was fine still at 12mb

i was pinging bbc.co.uk at 114ms

so i phoned up virgin media to see if the problem was their end and was told no it must be the router and to fix it i had to do a factory reset  which seemed to work and i regained the speed, but now the problem im finding in order for me to log onto PSN i have to reboot the modem. now i know this isnt right so surely there has to be a fix out there. 

ive only had this problem since the factory reset, and ive altered all the settings on the router back to how i had them before so i dont know what the problem can be,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 problems since i had to factory reset my router

Hi ArcticWolfy

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you are having with your PS4 signing into PSN since factory resetting the hub. Everything looks ok when running some checks on your connection which is great Smiley Happy 

Are you connected wired or wireless? If it's wireless can you try changing the channel and let me know if this makes any difference?

Did you have any port forwarding set up before you did the reset? If so you may want to open the ports for PSN again or try putting the PS4 IP address into the DMZ in the hub's advanced settings.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ArcticWolfy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My ps4 is wired. I've also got it on DMZ again. So far it's been ok last few days but I expect it will go bad again.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ArcticWolfy

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming that. Good to hear it's been ok the last few days. If the problems start up again please let us know.

Kind regards 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos