Menu
Johnr87
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 nat type

I have 2 ps4's and both cannot get open nat at the same time on bo3. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the router (not so super hub 2) as no one I know has this problem. It tells me that port 3074 needs to be opened for both ps4 which cannot be done dmz also does not work any help would be appreciated
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 nat type

Hi Johnr87,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having issues with Black ops.

Strangely I've been trying to help an identical issue with a user on Xbox one. It appears to only happen with Black ops 3, not other games or even others in the Cod series. Is this the case with you too?

When you say you've tried DMZ, have you tried one ps4 on DMZ and the other with the ports forwarded?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Johnr87
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yea I have tried that aswell it seems who ever connects first gets the open nat. Both systems need port 3074 open but afterreadingonthe net untold this isn't possible to open for both consoles as only one can receive or send data through it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnr87

Thanks for confirming that. We've noticed this problem happening with Black Ops 3 have you noticed it on any other games?

John_G suggested in a similar thread trying to connect one device to the guest network on the hub to see if this makes any difference to the NAT type. Can you give this a go and let us know if it does?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Johnr87
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes other ps4 always moderate on other games but never had trouble getting in a game. Just to update aswell I have tried having both wired and we can get a game eventually. But it's not working as it does when I'm on my own and even if the other ps4 can find a game straight away only seems to have trouble when we are in the same lobby. I'm not really tech savvy enough to understand it all but it would seem the only way around this is if bo3 where to make it so the game doesn't just use the one port. The other games seem to have a range of ports available. Really annoying that I can't sort it would a different router make a difference if super hub was in modem mode
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnr87

Thanks for letting us know that. It's could be worth a go but as the problems are only happening with BO3 I'm not sure if there will be any difference. If you do try another router let us know what happens.

Speak soon

0 Kudos