Menu
Keenan1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 constant lag spikes make online games unplayable

Hi.

I have been with virgin media for about 2 years now and have never had a problem, but for the last 3 weeks online games are unplayable, every 30 seconds (more or less) i get a lag spike of 1-2 seconds. My download (28mbps) and upload (4mbps) speeds are fine the only problem are the constant lag spikes that happen all day. I'm pretty sure you can understand how frustrating it is playing an online game which normally is based around PvP and nearly each time you are about to initiate a fight or shoot someone like on call of duty you suddenly freeze and 1-2 seconds later your connection has come back, and you are already dead. I hope you could tell me a solution.

Thanks,

Keenan 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 constant lag spikes make online games unplayable

Hello Keenan 

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having a few problems with lag I wonder what is causing it.

Your connection is looking okay from here, I have seen 30 second type spikes caused by wireless before. Are you using a wired or wireless connection as if not we would recommend wired for gaming.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Keenan1234
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am using wireless but that hasn't been a problem up until now, and i did browse the forums and many other people seem to have the same problem. Could there be any other explanation?

0 Kudos
Robe7o
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mines been similar and I want to know how to fix it because it is unplayable
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keenan1234, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection.

I have taken another look and I can see your Modem SNR is too low. I would like to get an engineer out to have this corrected for you. 

I will pop you a PM to get this arranged, keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robe7o,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having similar trouble. 

I have tried to take a look at the connection but I am unable to locate the connection details. 

I will pop you a PM to get some more information, once I have this information I will be more than happy to take another look. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
duncanda59
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to play Fifa and Rainbow Six Siege over the past few weeks and have encountered a problem where I get constant lag spikes throughout the games I play. In some instances, I've been removed from multiple games of Rainbow Six Siege as my "connection was too slow". I'm using a Powerline connection.  This problem only started a few weeks ago.  What's changed, what's the problem and how is it fixed?  I'm supposed to be on Vivid 152, but only get 25Mps to 50Mps on speed checkers.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're also experiencing trouble with your connection duncanda59,

I've located your account and there does appear to be an issue with the upstream power.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit to get this sorted for you.

I've sent you a private message so that we can book this in.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos