Menu
laggin
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ps4 and laptop lag

Ive tried everything now and im done. Why wont you listen and recognise that the bloomin problem is not my end! Constant lag spikes and red barring while gaming is not good enough! 70mps/5mps. DMZ, port forwarding all done. Ive also seen the posts that recommend that BQM thing, well i signed up and it doesnt seem to work! Do i now have to spend more bloomin time figuring how that works now? Why do I have to do your job? Sick of it! I should charge you guys for the amount of research and time ive put into getting to the bottom of it.. Theres a problem, a fault, whatever.. Just fix it!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 and laptop lag

Okay so- if you want a quick fix, stick your HUB in modem mode and get a PS4 compatible router.

Forgive me if this sounds harsh (its not meant to, just a statement of the current situation with all current gen consoles)

The problem IS your end as VM do not have to support LAN side issues. Their job is to get the WAN side connection right.

The problem is also your end as in the problem is the current generation of consoles. Both PS4 and XBONE were designed for IPV6 , not IPV4 which most (read all except some random mom and pop operation) UK ISP's use. The incompatibilities occur because of the way BOTH these consoles handle translation from IPV6 to IPV4 (some implementations of NAT don't play nice with it)

The current workarounds , port forwarding, DMZ'ing the console, DO work. However there seems to be some issues with Wi-Fi connections and the work arounds- use a wired connection or powerline adapters.

Or if your connection is just generally pants, let us know and we can troubleshoot for you.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps4 and laptop lag

Go modem mode and you own router. All your gaming issues will disappear overnight.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos