Menu
Pa600
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ps3 won't update games.

Hi I have a strange problem with my ps3. Every time a put a game in it needs to download an update. However every time I have tried it either gets half way through downloading and I get error message saying an error has occurred during download operation (800233E8). Or it will not even start downloading and give error code 800233EC.

My ps3 is connected to the router by a cable and used to work no problems. I also have the same issue if I connect wireless.
I seem to have no issue with YouTube or Netflix or anything else just game updates.

Please help because I can't play games now.

Many thanks
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps3 won't update games.

Found this via google search..

Follow this Link to PSN

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Pa600
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the link, but none of that works either. I read that a couple of days ago.

It seems like the router keeps kicking the playstation out at regular intervals for some reason but only seems to be when games need to update. I've tried phoning Virgin who say there is nothing wrong Sony say there is nothing wrong with the network. But to me there must be something wrong with the router.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The SH is rubbish in router mode for PS3 / PS4, I prefer modem mode, and games update.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Pa600
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Funny you should say that. Modem mode won't even let it connect at all.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pa600,

Sorry about the Ps3 issues you've been having. The errors returned would seem to indicate potential issues on our side but I've not been able to identify any network or Hub related fault from my tests. So I propose that you perform a factory reset of the Hub and then re-attempt to enable modem mode.

If that doesn't help at all just post an update on here and I'll get a replacement Hub sent out to you.

Welcome to our Community by the way Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos