Menu
Superpunk1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ps3 moderate NAT

Hi there

Hope someone can help ,recently started using superhub 3 now can only get moderate NAT on ps3.

Always had open NAT on old superhub tried all the usual fixes like putting ps3 into DMZ and portforwarding but nothing seems to open my NAT . Also keep getting kicked out of games and disconnecting from PSN .Any answers to these ptoblems folks .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ps3 moderate NAT

When you tried the port forwarding, did you have the firewall enabled? On the Hub 3.0 the port forwarding only works when the router's firewall is enabled.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

Superpunk1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanx for your reply.

I tried to enable firewall , but will not let me sign in to PSN

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I believe 

0 Kudos
Superpunk1
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers but all sorted now , phoned customer support and guy on other end of phone talked me through all the superhub settings. NAT open so everything good to go .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Would you mind sharing the settings you had to change? It might be useful information for other users who come here with the same problem.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At this time I would not of been able to help too much since my Hub 3 firmware is different to the public firmware. Though I did not have any NAT issues or PSN issues with my PS3 on 88J5. The only online game I play on the PS3 is Final Fantasy ARR (and can't play that as I need my One time password App reset by Square Enix)

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).