Menu
j0s800
On our wavelength
Message 31 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Prospective Virgin Media customers BEWARE

What's such a **bleep** take about looking at your BQM's guys is that when it actually works, virgin's internet connection is wonderful and silky smooth. I know it's not the engineers because they come over and often they do try their best ( When they bother showing up anyway because I've heard horror stories ) to check things over on their end but the rest of the company seems to be a joke.

If virgin media would stop writing off everybody that complains and actually do something I might like them as a company, it seems really the only option is to just ditch them.

0 Kudos
Blairian7
Tuning in
Message 32 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Prospective Virgin Media customers BEWARE

Yeah that’s the problem. My connection is good I that it doesn’t drop. The problem lies in the stability of the connection. I connect to a games server like lol or swtor (yes I still play) and it’s decent. 30-40ms average, BUT with spikes of 140-200ms every 10-15 seconds and then the 50-80 laced I. For good messure. Now when you call support they do nothing because they can do nothing. The issues are based here in the UK. Virgins customer service is notoriously bad but the engineers are ok but even that cannot fix these problems because it’s routing issues. Yes the HUB is a big problem but certain hops always lag, badly.

When virgin finally fix that I might return but I gave them 7 years and they did nothing. BT on the other hand have improved their coverage and their service. *edit*
0 Kudos