Menu
Dgirl365
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Xbox Live

Hi

I have a v2 super hub with wired Xbox. Been no problems with service but last 2 weeks I've been getting disconnected for GTA saying connection to Xbox live has been lost.

I've completed network tests in Xbox - all good and I'm on 200mb

Any help please ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Xbox Live

Have a look at this post from VM:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Superhub-2ac-Firmware/td-p/3321617

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Dgirl365
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott,

thanks for the reply. I rebooted my virgin hub and took note of the version before I did. It was version v1.01.31, H/W version 3.11, this didn't change after the reboot. Reboot took approx 5 mins.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Going by the firmware version you have a Superhub 2 rather than a Superhub 2 AC, that firmware update to fix Xbox issues doesn't apply to the SH2. Sorry, I thought your symptoms matched up with the SH2AC issue which started a couple of weeks ago, but whatever is causing your issue is something different.

Do you notice any other devices disconnecting at the same time as the Xbox?  Does it happen all day or only at peak times, typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends? Do the lights on the hub change when you get disconnected?

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take 7-10 days) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Dgirl365
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Scott thanks - not on my network until later so will upload then
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dgirl365,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to read that you are having issues with Xbox Live. I can see Scott has been helping which is great Smiley Happy

Looking at your connection, the upstream power levels are locked onto one channel and running too high at +57 dBmV. As this can cause an issue with your broadband, I would like to book an engineer appointment to check this over. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can book this for you.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide