Menu
daddygaffney
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems with NAT on my Xbox through my Hub2

Hi All,

My NAT settings for my Xbox are set to moderate which are interfering with my multiplayer experience, I have a SuperHub 2. I cannot join some lobbies or I cannot start/join a Xbox live party & sometimes get kicked from games. I have tried wireless connection & now use a Ethernet cable (Having previously had problems with being kicked mid games). Pleas help. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with NAT on my Xbox through my Hub2

There are a couple of options here, you could setup the xbox with a static ip and then set it as the DMZ device and that would remove firewall restrictions which cause the NAT to not be open, or you could entirely disable the firewall in which case everything is open, there is a slight risk in turning off the firewall but in my opinion it is negligible, might be worth doing the static IP route in the first instance, you can ask how to do it here or you can google it, there is plenty of information and guides that will show you how Smiley Happy
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I must also add you can setup port forwarding to also resolve this, but I tend to find the DMZ approach is a lot easier for the non technical folk however if you are more tech shabby go for it Smiley Happy

All Replies
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are a couple of options here, you could setup the xbox with a static ip and then set it as the DMZ device and that would remove firewall restrictions which cause the NAT to not be open, or you could entirely disable the firewall in which case everything is open, there is a slight risk in turning off the firewall but in my opinion it is negligible, might be worth doing the static IP route in the first instance, you can ask how to do it here or you can google it, there is plenty of information and guides that will show you how Smiley Happy
deviousiphone
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I must also add you can setup port forwarding to also resolve this, but I tend to find the DMZ approach is a lot easier for the non technical folk however if you are more tech shabby go for it Smiley Happy
daddygaffney
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks deviousiphone,

I will try the firewall option first, if that doesn't work I will try the port forwarding option. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos