Menu
Bradaman
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems signing into PSN on ps3 and online

Hi im having some problems signing into PSN on my ps3, pc and phone and i cant seem to find a solution.

i have concluded that its not an issue with my account because i have received no emails by play station saying i was banned or anything and i had signed in using a neighbours wifi.

i have tried resetting both my router and ps3 with no luck.

when i try to sign in online i get this error.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action" on this server.

Reference #18.c09aef50.1479411127.58ef3ee

Has playstation blocked my ip? if so i would like to know why please help

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems signing into PSN on ps3 and online

It does sound like Sony have blocked your IP address, you would need to ask Sony why as VM staff won't know.

Based on reports I have seen elsewhere Sony probably won't be able to tell you why, but it is usually because the IP address is linked to online abuse of some kind e.g DDOS attack.  As VM provide dynamic IP addresses it is probably the person who had the IP before you that got it banned by Sony.

Some people have reported on here that calling VM and asking them to assign you a new IP address sometimes works.  The alternative is to switch your hub to modem mode if you are currently in router mode or vice versa as that will assign you a different IP address.  However due to the normally sticky nature of VM IP addresses, switching back to router mode might get you the same banned IP again.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems signing into PSN on ps3 and online

It does sound like Sony have blocked your IP address, you would need to ask Sony why as VM staff won't know.

Based on reports I have seen elsewhere Sony probably won't be able to tell you why, but it is usually because the IP address is linked to online abuse of some kind e.g DDOS attack.  As VM provide dynamic IP addresses it is probably the person who had the IP before you that got it banned by Sony.

Some people have reported on here that calling VM and asking them to assign you a new IP address sometimes works.  The alternative is to switch your hub to modem mode if you are currently in router mode or vice versa as that will assign you a different IP address.  However due to the normally sticky nature of VM IP addresses, switching back to router mode might get you the same banned IP again.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos