Menu
Jayb100
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Problem with wifi when a console is turned on

Hi all, been having a issue lately with the wifi, when ever the PlayStation4 or Xbox one which are hard wired, are turned on the internet around the house becomes so slow it's ridiculous, the wifi is showing that it is there just nothing seems to be working, as soon as the console is turned off its all back up and running again, any ideas as to why it does this, I am on the fastest speed virgin do. Many thanks for your replys
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with wifi when a console is turned on

Hi Jayb100,

That's a strange one. Does this only happen with consoles or have you found other devices have the same effect? Can I also just check whether this is only affecting the wireless or does it affect other wired devices?

As a test could you try setting up a guest wireless network and connecting one of your devices to it and seeing if the PS4/Xbox one have the same effect on that?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jayb100
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with wifi when a console is turned on

Hi, this only happens with the wifi, both consoles will run fine when wired, we have another ps4 upstairs which runs on wifi and when ever one of the other playstations or Xbox down stairs is on the wifi dies and nothing will work I.e upstairs PlayStation iPad, iPhone, even sitting next to the wifi, although devices state the wifi signal is perfect nothing seems to run, it's almost like when the wired consoles are on it zaps all the wifi power, I'm at work at the moment so can not try your advice till tonight, many thanks for the reply
0 Kudos