Menu
Reply
  • 43
  • 0
  • 0
jdowney79
Tuning in
276 Views
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub

My son plays on his laptop which is a gaming one in his room upstairs. It always seems to lag and he has to bring it down to play because the hub is in the living room. The closer he can get to the hub the better because it doesn't lag. What is my solution please? Move the hub or buy a Powerline Adapter and maybe waste money either way??
0 Kudos
  • 9.74K
  • 314
  • 839
legacy1
Hero
265 Views
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub


jdowney79 wrote:
What is my solution please? Move the hub or buy a Powerline Adapter and maybe waste money either way??

You can't go much wrong putting the super hub in modem mode and getting your own wireless router.

But whos to say its a connection problem with the super hub to the network so try laptop connected to the super hub in modem mode.

0 Kudos
  • 43
  • 0
  • 0
jdowney79
Tuning in
244 Views
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub

Thanks for the info but how do I put the hub into that mode please?
0 Kudos
  • 9.74K
  • 314
  • 839
legacy1
Hero
233 Views
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub

0 Kudos
  • 43
  • 0
  • 0
jdowney79
Tuning in
228 Views
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub

And I just do this and you think his connection will be ok and not lag? Do I still need another router though?
0 Kudos
  • 9.74K
  • 314
  • 839
legacy1
Hero
224 Views
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub


jdowney79 wrote:
And I just do this and you think his connection will be ok and not lag?

It should for the most part.


jdowney79 wrote:
 Do I still need another router though?

Up to you.

0 Kudos
  • 84
  • 0
  • 17
VegaNovus
Dialled in
206 Views
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub


legacy1 wrote:

jdowney79 wrote:
And I just do this and you think his connection will be ok and not lag?

It should for the most part.


jdowney79 wrote:
 Do I still need another router though?

Up to you.


Just to clarify on this post, if you put the superhub in to modem mode, you WILL need another router to use wireless functionality.

0 Kudos
  • 43
  • 0
  • 0
jdowney79
Tuning in
183 Views
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub

Thanks for the clarification :-)
0 Kudos
  • 9.74K
  • 314
  • 839
legacy1
Hero
179 Views
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub


VegaNovus wrote:

 

Just to clarify on this post, if you put the superhub in to modem mode, you WILL need another router to use wireless functionality.


Depends how blindly obvious it will be needing one that will handle NAT better with the WAN IP in modem mode or if you can be happy with just modem mode.

0 Kudos
  • 84
  • 0
  • 17
VegaNovus
Dialled in
153 Views
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter or get VM to move hub

Well the end user uses wireless so.... my point stands.

0 Kudos