Menu
Trillium
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Port Forwarding on VM Hub 3.0

Hi,

I have setup my own Teamspeak 3 Server for myself and a few friends, however, I am seeing an error I have not seen before with any other ISP kit or standard ADSL 2+ Router.

I have pasted a screen shot of the error, can anyone help? In the past the port forwarding settings have just taken when I have clicked save, the 3.0 Hub doesn''t want to?!

Ok so I don't seem to be able to attach a screen shot.

When selecting the ports to be used on my pc running TS server I enter the IP and ports from to 9987 - 9987. The response I get is - The local ports between 9987 and 9987 on IP 192.168.xxx.xxx have beenadded as virtual serveralready, please try another one.

Any help greatly appreciated as while I have a running TS server it only works on my LAN!!

Kind regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forwarding on VM Hub 3.0

Something else has probably already used UPNP to allocate those ports for something, check all the other running applications and make sure teamspeak isn't set to use UPNP either, should work fine after you find the app causing the issue

Also, i would consider using something like discord over teamspeak if its only a few friends, its not self hosted and its free, worth considering

Trillium
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for quick reply.

I'll check the PC running TS thank you for the info. I did previously use Discord but unfortunately it has a couple of bugs where we lost audio altogether in the same room and the App had to be restarted. My Headset mic when raised auto-mutes and it didn't like that either.

I've used TS before and it is stable, however, if those bugs get ironed out I'll move back to Discord.

0 Kudos
Trillium
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

For anyone with the same issue, changing the TS virtual server incoming UDP port from 9987 to something else and restarting the TS Server resolved the issue for me.