Menu
Matex600
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Port Forwarding on SH3 Issue

Hi I have been trying to port forward ports 6112 - 6119 for an old PC game that used to work on super hub 2

Now with the new one it won't work I have tried everything and have done the port forward correctly but it just won't work any ideas on how to get it fixed as its the only way of playing online...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forwarding on SH3 Issue

Have you got the firewall setting in the hub enabled?  The Hub 3 uses the firewall to do the port forwarding so it has to be enabled.

If you do have the firewall enabled then there is a suggestion that setting up port triggering as well might help:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Port-Forwarding-on-Hub-3/m-p/3308799#M12...

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Matex600
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot1.png

Screenshot2.pngScreenshot3.png

0 Kudos
Matex600
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

this is what I did before asking and it doesn't work everything worked with super hub 2 I am clueless as I have set up a static ip etc
0 Kudos
Matex600
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

so any help or does VM just ignore peoples problems because this is getting ridiculous ...

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Matex600 wrote:

so any help or does VM just ignore peoples problems because this is getting ridiculous ...

Well if VM didn't do router mode it wouldn't be their people.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Matex600 wrote:

FYI The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread or are having a conversation between members then it will bump you to the bottom of their list.

@ModTeam Please can you ask one of the forum team to take a look at this thread as it was started over a week ago and by posting again the OP has inadvertently bumped this thread to the bottom of the forum team's list and faces a potential wait of another 7 days.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Matex600 wrote:
this is what I did before asking and it doesn't work everything worked with super hub 2 I am clueless as I have set up a static ip etc

I believe there is also a (ahem) "feature" in the Hub 3 where you have to do the port forwarding in ascending numerical order, otherwise it does not work.

0 Kudos
Matex600
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

how do I go about doing that ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Matex600,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with trying to do this.

There's a fab article on our website in regards to Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub.

In addition to this, I've had a look at your equipment levels and there does appear to be an issue present with the downstream power level. I'd like to get this looked at by one of our engineers.

I've sent you a private message so that we can get this sorted for you.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos