Menu
Bluenosedcoop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Port Forward on Superhub 2AC not working?

I've only recently switched to the 2AC hub and today was getting problems trying to join a minecraft server so i went to do my usual process of port forwarding the standard 25565 port with setting up my desktop as a static IP then trying to forward the port on hub dashboard, The hub dashboard shows the port as being forwarded but it is still showing as closed.

I've already got Java, Minecraft and the mod launcher as being allowed through my firewall, I've rebooted the router, I even turned my Firewall off completely and tested the port to check if it was something i had'nt configured in the firewall rules.

But after all this the port is still not open, The port forwarding on this 2AC seems to be completely non-functional, Either that or the minecraft 25565 port is being blocked at a higher level by Virgin.

0 Kudos
VegaNovus
Dialled in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forward on Superhub 2AC not working?

Bluenosedcoop wrote:

I've only recently switched to the 2AC hub and today was getting problems trying to join a minecraft server so i went to do my usual process of port forwarding the standard 25565 port with setting up my desktop as a static IP then trying to forward the port on hub dashboard, The hub dashboard shows the port as being forwarded but it is still showing as closed.

I've already got Java, Minecraft and the mod launcher as being allowed through my firewall, I've rebooted the router, I even turned my Firewall off completely and tested the port to check if it was something i had'nt configured in the firewall rules.

But after all this the port is still not open, The port forwarding on this 2AC seems to be completely non-functional, Either that or the minecraft 25565 port is being blocked at a higher level by Virgin.

Howdy, you don't need to open ports unless you're hosting a Minecraft server, client connections don't require port forwarding.

Are you having trouble joining a particular server or can't you join any servers?

It might be worth checking if uPnP is turned on.

0 Kudos