Menu
woody7803
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Port 53 On Xbox One

So for those of you who don't know Xbox requires port 53 for communications on their console and virgin media has RESERVED/BLOCKED this port meaning I can no longer communicate with friends on xbox so I had two options to communicate with Vigin the text chat that doesn't work because of all their agents being busy 24/7 or the call which is a robot that restarts the internet if anyone can help me out please do! 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port 53 On Xbox One

Its not blocked the port requirements for Xbox don't list what the true port direction of its source/destination from or to you and more then likely port 53 is just used for DNS I doubt its needed for game play.

Your real problem is using router mode it single handedly causes problems for gaming much better for you to get your own router and use what an ISP is trying to give you modem mode.

0 Kudos
ItsVinny
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am having connection issues wired with my hub 3.0 which I think has modem mode if I change it to modem mode will this fix my connection issue. While in modem mode can I still use my phone and PC wirelessly too?? Thanks
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Like I said you can get your own router setup with wireless to modem mode.

0 Kudos