Menu
Mufc-1972
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor speeds and lag on ps4 wireless connection

My super hub 2 is downstairs in the hallway and my sons both have pa4's. They are connected through power connection a plug in the socket...... But they still get serious issues. Lag in game play and poor speeds.
I have tried connecting via WiFi as well and its the same.
Not being funny but i get no where near the 100mb speeds. Be lucky if i get 20mb max....

Any suggestions

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor speeds and lag on ps4 wireless connection

If you tell them about this problem they will just mess you around that's all. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Mufc-1972
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I agree. I had an engineer visit a while back and he said basically it's WiFi. If u can't get it then tough.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Mufc-1972,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'd like to apologies for the problems you're having with the connections to your PS4's, this can be really frustrating.

When you say you're connected through plugs on the wall, are you hard-wired from these wall plugs or wireless? I'm just trying to understand your set-up. Wireless can be trick and beyond our control in a lot of cases as if you're experiencing wireless interference, most time this is caused by environmental factors.

Please get back to us so we can help further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mufc-1972
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi
They are both wired Ethernet the ps4's. WiFi was a no go so i tried the power plug connection
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mufc-1972,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Have you tried a speedtest through a wired connection on a PC/laptop to see what speeds you achieve?

When connected to the wireless of the PS4, have you changed the wireless channel to see if that improves the connection?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mufc-1972
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i have just upgraded to the gamer 200 which goes live on the 18th.

the hub 3.0 see,s to have a more stable connection but I am only getting on average 40/50mb . So I will wait and see if it's any better once the speed upgrade takes place

cheers

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you testing speeds on the PS4 or a PC/laptop as suggested by Sam?  The Sony speed tests on PS3 & PS4 are notorious for not reflecting the true speed of your connection.

I found a speed test that works on the PS4 browser and has a multi threaded download option, which makes better use of your connection, try this site in the PS4 web browser: http://testmy.net/multithread

Just make sure you select the London server as it defaults to Dallas, Texas. However even that site doesn't max out my connection on a PS4 but does on a PC, so a PS4 is not the best way device to get accurate speed results.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos