Menu
Joebell1993
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor router connection.

I'm on the top tariff Virgin with broad band etc however when I play games online through Xbox one, I continue to get disconnected. I usually have very poor connection even when sat next to the router, any advice one a fix?
0 Kudos
connor_p
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor router connection.

I know you say even when sitting next to the device you still get a bad connection, but is the connection wired or wireless?

0 Kudos
Joebell1993
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The connection is wireless, it has poor connection on a fair few devices, there are 3 people living in the home and maybe 5 devices connected at once. Can give more info if needs be
0 Kudos
Joebell1993
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing has come of this, anyone else know any means to improve this?
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have a superhub 2? If so, the superhub 2 keeps disconnecting from Xbox live every ten minutes or so, that's why you have to have a wired connection when using a Xbox one and superhub 2.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joebell1993, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with getting disconnected on your Xbox One, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tried to test your connection from here, however, I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, in order to proceed with diagnostics I will require some additional information from you. I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos