Menu
dannyholt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor download speeds on PSN?

I am experiencing very poor download speeds when trying to download games and updates. For example, two hours ago, I switched my PS4 on and received a notification that there is a 5.4 GB update for COD: AW. I started the download and it is informing me the update is going to take 8hrs and I have already downloaded just over 700Mb. That means, I have downloaded an average of 350Mb per hour, whilst on 152Mbt.

There is no issue in my area, as I have just downloaded several 1Gb test files, this includes the PS4 software from the Playstation website.

My PS4 is connected via a cat6 ethernet cable. So can someone tell me why I am experiencing slow downloads?

FYI, I also have the SuperHub2.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jinz24
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor download speeds on PSN?

Are you having any PSN connection issues at all mate?

We are all having problems here, we can't see to be able to login!

0 Kudos
dannyholt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No PSN issues, I can browse the store, play games online without any issue and even stream from PS Now.

My only issue is poor download speeds when either purchasing a game, movie or download an update/patch.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On VM152Mb and PSN download speeds are fine for me, 2.5Gb downloaded in less than an Hour.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannyholt,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing slow download speeds on your PS4.  Has this always been the case with your connection, or something that's recently started?

I've tested the hub and network segment, everything looks OK, as expected.  Are you noticing these download speeds dropping only at certain times of day, or is it consistent at any time of day?  Since you're already using a wired connection, could you possibly try modem mode and see if there's any improvement please?

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos