Menu
Ritch86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Poor Online Connection.

I pay £60 a month and can't even get a decent connection playing online (1 Red bar to 3 green bars) Is there anything that can be done about this or do I have to switch provider?

0 Kudos
Ritch86
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Online Connection.

Bump.

0 Kudos
gendie754
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You haven't mentioned the connection speed and also the game you play online. If your connection is more than 1mbps then you shouldn't get any problem.

Try doing this

- Play online games on wired connection, not wifi.

- Stop all download and buffering if there is any running in the background.

- Play on servers close to your location.

If you still face problem then i would suggest to use a gaming VPN to optimize our connection for gaming. You can download Kill Ping for that. It is solely optimized for online gaming and it is free.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ritch86

Thanks for posting.  I've run a few checks on your connection from this end and everything looks healthy. Are you connected wired or wireless? What game are you experiencing these issues on? gendie754 has provided a great post with some helpful info.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Ritch86
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is that KillPing for PC gaming? because I'm using a PS4. My connection is WiFi via Superhub, there are other people using the WiFi but my speed and ping are fine. I certainly should be able to get a better connection than 1 red bar anyway.

0 Kudos
Ritch86
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wireless via the Superhub. The game is Black Ops III on the PS4. Are you saying that 100mbps is not enough to play online while someone else is on facebook or youtube?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ritch86,

Have you tried a wired connection at all? Wireless is a very unstable medium that is affected by a great number of interferences that are completely outside our control.

I would always recommend having games consoles wired in whenever possible as gaming requires a stable connection and wireless even when set perfectly is not guaranteed. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos