Menu
Broadsword57
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor Gaming

I play Forge of Empires online daily, but some days it is almost impossible to play without having the constant buffering and disconnection from the FOE server. During a battle (which should take no more than 5 minutes) I find I`m refreshing an inordinate number of times (my record so far is 108 refreshes, that battle took over 1 1/2 hours). Many phone calls to Virgin (average 2 per week) has not received any satisfactory outcome, I have been at my address in WV13 for 4 years now and from week 1 I have had things like `your computer is incompatible` or ` the relay station in your area is faulty` and, since August 2014, `they`re upgrading the cable for your area` . Many times I`m finding I have to use my mobile hotspot which is a darn sight more reliable than Virgin. PLEASE tell me how much longer must I go on being fobbed off before something like a reliable service comes from Virgin

0 Kudos
FpsCHRI5
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Gaming

I have had Virgin broadband in my house hold for more than 7 years never had a problem until recently.

For over a month my download speed ranges from 130 to 200 which doesn't bother me in the slightest I'm happy them speeds, but online gaming is terrible.

I connect to a server ping starts off around 30 then constantly spikes to 400 and above and this is for every game and every server.

Phoned Virgin multiple times and had an engineer to my door still can't find the problem but they have admitted there is a problem.

Yet! When I phoned to cancel my services due to the poor service that I am receiving I got told that...

'your download speed is fine, it must be the servers your connecting to, therefore you're not eligible to cancel your contract.'

I actually changed my package a month or so ago before I had any issues which tied me into a 12 month contract.

So Virgin's conclusion is - all gaming severs no matter what game your playing have issues with them and Virgin's not to blame in any way shape or form.

Good luck witr

0 Kudos