Menu
Mrdyoung
Joining in
Message 1 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Playstation Network

Hi All,

Was wondering if any Playstation users have been having any issues with signing into PSN? Playstation say PSN is up and working, but both mine and my housemates Playstations don't seem to connect to PSN over the last few days properly, or if at all!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
thechuz
Joining in
Message 2 of 116
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Playstation Network

I've had the exact same issue for the past month. I can connect to the wifi, but then it won't connect to PSN. It's annoying the hell out of me. I've also got issues with my PC at the moment because playing online gives me ridiculously slow connection speeds despite I can easily navigate the internet without a problem.
0 Kudos

All Replies
thechuz
Joining in
Message 2 of 116
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've had the exact same issue for the past month. I can connect to the wifi, but then it won't connect to PSN. It's annoying the hell out of me. I've also got issues with my PC at the moment because playing online gives me ridiculously slow connection speeds despite I can easily navigate the internet without a problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrdyoung

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you are having difficulty signing into PSN

I've not noticed any issues myself using PSN over the last few days. If you select [Network] > [Test Internet Connection] does it show connected to the internet and Playstation Network?

I'm having some difficulty locating your details so I will drop you a private message for some additional info and run a health check on your connection.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mrdyoung
Joining in
Message 4 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Still having issues with conenction
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrdyoung

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've just replied to your PM.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Shakin1234
Joining in
Message 6 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am in the south west bristol area and I have not been able to sign into the PSN network via the iPhone app, my ps vita or ps4.  This is definitely a Virgin Media issue,  as i have used my iPhone EE to tether to my ps4 and it signs in to the psn network fine, and so does the psn app on the iPhone through EE. 

I have rebooted the not so smart hub, but to no avail.  I have not restored factory settings as i see that to be a rather large hammer just when it is only affecting the psn network, i can access everything else i have tried on the internet

any suggestions?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shakin1234

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to access the PSN from home.

I've had a check on your connection and everything is looking good. Can you try it with the hub in modem mode and let us know if there is any difference?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shakin1234
Joining in
Message 8 of 116
Flag for a moderator

I have changed to modem mode and attached to a decent router which in this testing was a Draytek, worked first and every time afterwards.

When I get home I will be calling support line to complain and ask for a new router to be sent to me
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 116
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shakin1234

I'm glad to hear that it worked in modem mode. Could you post a trace route in router mode so we can try to narrow down where the problem begins?

It's possible that your IP address may have been blacklisted. Have you contacted Playstation support regarding this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
davew1981
Joining in
Message 10 of 116
Flag for a moderator

it wont last on modern mode . im havin the same prob and i try the modern mode and it stops after a while. i have ran out of ideas n sony are saying its virgin fault.

0 Kudos