Menu
scrappysphinx
On our wavelength
Message 81 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation Network Issues

Again, Google DNS servers are a workaround. VM need to fix the issue, i notice the stickied post about the issues being resolved has now gone too. I pay VM over £100 a month for services and i'm being asked to use another company's DNS settings.... Its a joke.

shagohodd
Tuning in
Message 82 of 117
Flag for a moderator

well said sir

0 Kudos
Leonheart
Tuning in
Message 83 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Totally get it and think everyone here is as frustrated as you are.

We defiantly shouldn't have too change the settings but no one knows how long this is going to take.

At least changing the settings to google DNS for now will get you online, not saying it's acceptable but it's better than not being able to get on at all.

It was working fine from 7pm last night and has gone down the same time as it did yesterday morning.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 84 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Leonheart wrote:

We defiantly shouldn't have too change the settings but no one knows how long this is going to take.

It takes up to a maximum of 72 hours for VM to flush out bad DNS entries, so that's the longest it will take if you'd rather wait than change your console's DNS setting.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Leonheart
Tuning in
Message 85 of 117
Flag for a moderator

That's why I put... At least changing the settings to google DNS for now will get you online, not saying it's acceptable but it's better than not being able to get on at all. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
pom1964
On our wavelength
Message 86 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Psn down

Why should I have to change dns to Google’s when I’m paying Virgin Media to provide internet access
I hate google services
0 Kudos
Manuel-Canales
Joining in
Message 87 of 117
Flag for a moderator

question

what happens with virgin that even with the ps3 console does not let you connect to the internet?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 88 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Re: Psn down

pom1964 wrote:
Why should I have to change dns to Google’s when I’m paying Virgin Media to provide internet access
I hate google services

@pom1964 You don't have to use Google DNS! You can use any DNS servers in the world. For example, I use Verizon's DNS servers on all of my devices:

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
mush55
Joining in
Message 89 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Yup £50 a month and going up and can't connect to psn for 2 days on the trot now.

Seriously thinking of taking my custom else where.. 

0 Kudos
NumberTze
Joining in
Message 90 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Re: PSN connection

Thanks for this, life saver lol