Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 71 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation Network Issues

Since the Google DNS fix is getting people signed into the Playstation network fine: anyone who wants a quick fix, change your consoles DNS to Google's as I explained how to above

scrappysphinx wrote:

We shouldn;t have to use Google DNS settings, We pay Virgin for broadband and all was working fine till last night..

VM have a bad cache on one of Playstations sign on server by the sounds of it, it can take up to 72 hours for that to clear.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
shagohodd
Tuning in
Message 72 of 117
Flag for a moderator

patience? r u serious? virgin users payin the highest bills for service and we cant use it...AGAIN. i cancelled tv and phone and left 300mb broadband. second day cant sign in to psn, which means u blocked all apps (now tv, spotify, amazon, netflix) i dont have access to anything because i CANT SIGN IN. for gods sake fix this already. this is ridiculous and most pathetic service ever.

0 Kudos
KyleBlackshaw1
Just browsing
Message 73 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Hi virgin im having trouble with my playstation network 😕
0 Kudos
shagohodd
Tuning in
Message 74 of 117
Flag for a moderator

sorry but this is a joke. i understand ppl wants to help with changing settings to google servers but im not paying google. im payin butttload of cash to virigin and i want my service run smothly.

DynamoCappo
Joining in
Message 75 of 117
Flag for a moderator

I have not been able to sign in to the PSN since last evening.

Reported as a Virgin issue by Sony, it’s the same today and you’re presently wasting the day of annual leave I took to enjoy the new FIFA18 game.

I have reset my router, signed out of PSN and powered the machine down and tried to sign in again and it’s still down.

I’m now receiving the error code WS37432-9.

My network test shows the machine is connected to the internet and that it is failing on PSN sign in.

I also have the latest system software downloaded to the machine.

What’s the solution here? I’m in the G66 area
0 Kudos
Jcgabbitass
Just joined
Message 76 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Whats going on?

So i went on today couldnt connect so i messaged your twitter and said to reset my router which i did and it worked but get back home turn on my ps4 to find once again i cant connect tried resetting router this time didnt work really hoping you can get this fixed pronto.
scrappysphinx
On our wavelength
Message 77 of 117
Flag for a moderator

The only solution is to use another company's DNS settings on your playstation until VM pull their finger out and actually fix a problem

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 78 of 117
Flag for a moderator

DynamoCappo wrote:

What’s the solution here?

Wait up to 72 hours or change your console's DNS settings to Google for a quick fix. Instructions are posted above by me. Here's the steps:

Go into the Settings of the console-> Network -> Setup network connection -> WiFi or LAN (depending on which you use) -> Custom -> Automatic -> Do not specify ->  Manual -> Configure the primary and secondary DNS to use Google DNS

8.8.8.8 as the primary
8.8.4.4 as the secondary

then click next ->Automatic -> Do not use -> Test internet connection.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 79 of 117
Flag for a moderator

you don't pay google you find the settings for free and edit it in your network settings in your play station and restart the ps then test it i never use it via wireless gaming go wired

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
shagohodd
Tuning in
Message 80 of 117
Flag for a moderator

its not bout payin google, but paying virgin for service we have huge problem with.