Menu
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 111 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation Network Issues

I NEVER have issues with PSN on my PS3 / PS4 Pro / PS Vita.

Maybe its because I have the SH2AC in modem mode.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
NickWba20
Settling in
Message 112 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Over the past 24 hours i have encountered a problem with parties and simply remaining in them on my Playstation 4. My console is hard wired via a Ethernet cable in my conservatory.  Our download speed at its highest is 200MB but it usually averages at around 140-180 i would say. Since Friday night i have noticed that if someone goes onto the home computer and uses the internet i will get removed from parties and kicked from game servers etc. I can rejoin the parties but while someone is on the computer using the internet its only a matter of time until i get removed again. Its becoming very frustrating to say the least. We have spoke to Virgin over the phone Three times today as a result. The first time they suggested they would run some tests and if the problem continued we would have to call back. Around Twenty minutes later the problem occured again. So we rang a second time. This time the Virgin employee told us to try moving the Ethernet cables in the back of the Router so the PC cable and my PS4s Ethernet werent together safe to say this didnt solve anything. Finally we got through to a gentleman who admitted he couldnt do anything to help apart from pass it on to the "Investigation team" and speak to us in the next 24 hours. Has anybody encountered this problem before or knows how to solve it please? you would be rescuing me from a massive headache.

0 Kudos
HappySpaceInvdr
Settling in
Message 113 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Solution is to change your DNS settings and then restart your device.  

You should never ever use your ISP's DNS settings!  There's simply no guarantee that they're maintained to the same high standard as those of global providers and you never know what kind of tinkering is going on to block you from visiting certain sites, or recording what you're visiting. 

Please note, changing them on the PlayStation may work, but it's always best to change them on your broadband router, and then restart that router.

There's a full list of DNS providers at http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1404176/best-dns-servers-in-the-uk, but my favourite is DNS Watch:

• Primary:  84.200.69.80
  • Secondary: 84.200.70.40

0 Kudos
HappySpaceInvdr
Settling in
Message 114 of 117
Flag for a moderator

This is interesting... my reply to recommend changing DNS settings was deleted, yet several previous posts recommending using Google's DNS still remain.  Perhaps it was that I listed specific IP addresses?  Whatever.  Do your own research people; there are plenty of articles recommending DNS providers that don't filter responses, and don't snoop on your usage.

0 Kudos
siskorhodes
Tuning in
Message 115 of 117
Flag for a moderator

am sick to death of the whole thing its something to do with virgin media ip's being blocked 

VIRGIN-MEDIA-UK-IP-BLOCK and Ripe database the dns thing wouldnt work for me ebay wont work nor will ikea lol app all use same servers virgin have had issues this so many times yet ARE THE WORST SET USELESS K**TS IF YOU ASK THEM all you get is contact tech support 

HERE IS AN IDEA VIRGIN TRY AND MAKE SURE THE FIRST TIME U HAVE 2000 CUSTOMER MESSAGE FOR HELP YOU CONTACT TECH SUPPORT AND HAVE THEM SORT IT AND POST ON GERE FOR EVERYONE oh and also ring ur stupis indian call centre an make sure they are aware and know to give details of were tech supp have [psted

man its simple customer service but i guess would need to give a **bleep** about customefrs after u take their cash 

johnathon rhodes
0 Kudos
siskorhodes
Tuning in
Message 116 of 117
Flag for a moderator

still can not use psn the servers they use are not allowing certain ips that have been reported as abuse spam use or other reason that are getting their service through that server are also blacklisted i did some checks on the sites that make list of reports the virgin server used by my current routerip was on and was furious as it had thousands reports on record when i looked bit deeper wasnt my person ip the virginmedia servers lol and every tom dik an harry who is in that servers list for routing through it....

SURE VIRGIN STATED IT IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH VIRGIN MEDIA SERVERS

WELL,NO IT AINT NOW BLACKLISTED AND BEING ROUTED ROUND AND ROUND BY THE SERVER USE PSN IKEA AND E BAY.

WIERD AS THE SERVERS INVOLVED ARE LIKE NODES AND PASS DATE FROM SERVER TO SERVER THIS MEANT AT TIME OF REPORT ANY POOR SOD ONLINE AND UNFORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HAVE SERVICE GOING THROUGH THE SERVER YEP U BEST DO SOME CHECK AS MAY WELL BE BLACKLISTED.

I GOT VERY ANGRY WHEN FOUND ITS NOT 1ST OR 2ND TIME ITS HAPPENED OH NO OVER THE YEARS SERVERS HAVE BEEN SENDING SPAN ABUSE WITHOUT KNOWING AND GET IP BLACKLISTED B4 THEY MANAGED TO RESOLVE B4 10 THOUSAND CUSTOMERS GOT IN TOUCH SO WE NEVER GOT MADE AWARE, not saying its the exact same bu it is so close they should have issued a statement made all customers aware of it so at least they could have known that  it was not there hardware nor sony psn and would do best resolve... instead they thought let everyone sit asking for help in the community which is poss the worst thing we could do as though mostly advice get is spot on really is no way to know so going into dns settings router or any setting just may make sure never get back access to that server or any best left alone unless absolute certain know what doing and how to put all back if doesnt work this is no diff to v6 boxes they superb at giving new customers fantastic deals to make sure sign contract, once they do as the rest of us got no chance of much else, v6 box cab get free and no cost of u ring retention's yes thats so they tie you to yet another contract. so same as new customers apart from they get bundle cheap for 12 month too...

care about current customers virgin lol no do they fkin hell i promise not going to like me much as ive reported all my findings and proof to ofcom along with details of how not first time, that an the fact if not sorted soon i  going elsewhere and dont care if under contract still i am so angry that been blacklisted to sites like this i dont agreed with how people are traced tracked and their internet use and history recorded way is, certain words triggers and previous usage that was illegal fair enough i lay a game online snooker an ebay facebook social sites apart from that tech sites so i am up to date as i need that for my work i dont need to have records made and why would i be being watched anyway virgin say they dont record or block ip no well maybe not but you do get us all blacklisted as part of your ip thanks for that and not even enough respect tp admit server was hacked or spam got through filter. mainly as not very long since last had sc issue and had to tell cust change wi cfi pass or even change superhub lol..

service and whole issue us a joke .and makes virgin media look so bad

johnathon rhodes
siskorhodes
Tuning in
Message 117 of 117
Flag for a moderator

found out that ip has been added to several blacklist for spam abuse and other stuff and the sites used will either give details if you subscrice (pay) for full report or the only info will tell you is that a report was made i couldnt find much info for free i did do tracer using hub 3 tools that told me the server of ebay site that  says dont have permission from this server was in hammbugh germany but also that went through roughly 20 or so COGENTCO PLACES VARIOUS IP if do a blacklist database search on your ip (public one) will show u hope this helps folk im now resolving mine and going to find good vpn service least this wont be issue anymore as vpn will just change ip for me

johnathon rhodes