Menu
NC1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Playstation 4 Pro keeps dropping 5ghz wifi connection every 5 minutes or so

Hello,

Have had some issues lately with my Playstation 4 Pro losing connection with the 5ghz wifi network every 5 minutes or so but then it reconnects almost instantly. My previous Playstation 4 never had any issues with connection to the 2.5ghz network and both are/were around 4 metres away from the hub with no obstructions. The connection strength from the PS4 Pro to the hub is 100% and download speed is around 50mb and upload around 3mb. 

Any help would be appreciated cheers.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation 4 Pro keeps dropping 5ghz wifi connection every 5 minutes or so

You are not alone with this PS4 Pro issue:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/PS4-Pro-WiFi-Problems/m-p/3303444

The solution seems to be to go with a wired connection or use the 2.4Ghz band.

I have an old day one PS4 so I can't test 5Ghz WiFi to see if this is a common issue, but I have always wired up my consoles anyway.  The 5Ghz band is faster but not as good at penetrating walls as the 2.4Ghz band.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@NC1 Having removed your other thread as multiple threads just confuse things, I'm posting again here.

The hub stats screenshots you posted on the other thread do not show any major cause for concern.  Are you having issues with other devices or just the PS4 Pro?  If it is just one device having problems then it is unlikely to be a line fault as that would impact all devices.

Have you tried the PS4 Pro with a wired connection or on the 2.4Ghz band?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
NC1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the replies just purchased a cat6 ethernet cable seems the 5ghz channel is the culprit all devices have the same issue with that wifi connection. So will see how the wired option goes.

0 Kudos