Menu
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Playstation 4 Online games lag

I'm getting a lot of lag on my Playstation 4 

I've got Vivid 200, I have noticed that in 5 mins I get 170 mbps this then goes down to 90 mbps

and then down 40 mbps 

I can see the speed going up and down during online gameplay and it really makes my head hurt the connection with Virgin is not stable. Is anyone else having this issue???

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playstation 4 Online games lag

Hi Omar7733

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing and issue with online PlayStation 4 games.

From checking your connection, the line and hub are showing as fine with no errors. 

When using a speed test through the PlayStation, as it uses a different servers it won't give you a true reflection of the speeds you are achieving. The best way to test speeds is through a PC/laptop with a gigabit LAN card and using a Cat 5e or above Ethernet cable.

Is the PlayStation 4 connected through wireless or wired? Do you notice this issue on all games or just a few?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Modem Mode and a ASUS Router and all gaming LAG will disappear.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

It's connected directly to my HUB 

It happens when I play Call of Duty Black Ops 3 and FIFA 16. I don't play any other games

Whenever I test the Internet connection on my Playstation 4 it keeps on changing sometimes 173 Mbps then it goes to 85 Mbps then to 27 Mbps

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

If you put the HUB on modem mode then no one else can you use the HUB wirelessly.

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I find it strange that my opponents don't seem to have any lag issues, the point of getting Vivid 100 was to have fast internet

for online games but it just seems like I'm paying too much money I could be paying less money to a different Internet Provider

and getting the same sort of Internet speed.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Ignore the Speed Test on the PS4, this mean nothing. The Network card in the PS4 is lower spec, than any in a PC / Laptop.

I game on PC and PS, and have NO LAG issues. Please read my earlier POST.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Would it be possible for you to share a pic of how you have set up your HUB?

0 Kudos
mitch84
Superfast
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I echo what Redgooner said.

Get yourself a better router such as an Asus, I use a n66u.

I have had my superhub in modem mode for a few years now and it seems more stable and I have good lag free gaming. 

I put superhub into modem mode, connect asus n66u directly to superhub and use wifi with the PS4. 

0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure this will slow the Internet down I want the Hub wired directly to the Playstation 4 

0 Kudos