Menu
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Playing online games

I have noticed something when I'm playing online games on my Playstation 4 playing Black Ops 3 Multiplayer my ping goes from 17ms to 33ms to 88ms this is why I'm not getting a stable connection when I'm playing these games and why the games are not running very smoothly.

My Internet speed is very good so it has to be down to the servers.  

Is there anyway to improve the connection to these servers???

I have also been asked to open ports TCP 3478-3480 and ports UDP 3478-3479 but these ports clash when I try to put them in. What should I do???

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Playing online games

I gave you advice on a pervious post. Its the SH is rubbish for Gaming, its does not have the computing power to cope.

I game on PC and PS4, NO LAG, NO NAT Problems, Don't have to open any Ports.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have already tried using the Super Hub 2AC in modem mode with a Asus router and it makes no difference at all/

I’m now using the Super Hub 3 and I would like to know what I can do to get a better connection to the game servers because the Internet Speed I’m getting is very good. When I’m playing these games for e.g. Black Ops 3 Online Multiplayer I take a look at the ping on the game and it goes from 17ms to 33ms to 81ms, it changes very quickly It’s not a stable connection and this makes the online games very unplayable someone from Virgin Customer Support should give me some help with this.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still many reasons but your some what half way their in crossing them off the list.

Go back to the SH2ac the hub 3 is bad for your ping.

So setup two BQM one on your WAN IP and the other on VM WAN IP gateway.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

It will still be possible to buffer your connect on your upto limit if you have something downloading or uploading so use the Asus QoS to limit that and read this for more info.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Since-200Mbit-upgrade-buffer-bloat-mass...

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What else is going on, on your network when your gaming. Anyone else using it. P2P will cause LAG.

Are your Wireless or Wired ??

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Omar7733
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's wired My Hub is directly connected to my Playstation 4 there is so much inconsistency during the games for eg I cannot even pass the ball properly like I used to on FIFA 16 on Black ops3 I cannot even score an easy shot there is so much inconsistency when I'm playing online games. 

I'm not sure if it's the servers or it's Virgin Internet but I'm getting good Internet speed. 

0 Kudos