Menu
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

PlayStation now

This service lets you stream and play PS3 games on your PS4. Thought I'd give the 7 day free trial a go to see if it would work. It of course didn't work because of rubbish virgin connection . Even though I have 100mb. Thankfully I can cancel the trial 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PlayStation now

Hello broksonic

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the PS3 trial, I wonder what is going on. 

Your connection looks good from here, a little bit of area peak time traffic in the evening, it may impact you a little sorry but apart from that all good. 

Are you still having issues? Would you like to expand please? Are you using wireless to connect the PS4?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nicola

it did work at 1am in the morning but don't particularly want to be up that late each night . I do have my ps4 connected to wifi because my router is upstairs , and tv and ps4 are downstairs 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Broksonic,

As PSNow effectively streams the games rather than downloading them it needs a constant connection. I used the service myself for the 7 days trial and it did advise a wired connection to ensure no breaks in service. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello broksonic

Sorry to hear you are having problems with the PS3 trial, I wonder what is going on. 

Your connection looks good from here, a little bit of area peak time traffic in the evening, it may impact you a little sorry but apart from that all good. 

Are you still having issues? Would you like to expand please? Are you using wireless to connect the PS4?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Nicola

it did work at 1am in the morning but don't particularly want to be up that late each night . I do have my ps4 connected to wifi because my router is upstairs , and tv and ps4 are downstairs 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Broksonic,

As PSNow effectively streams the games rather than downloading them it needs a constant connection. I used the service myself for the 7 days trial and it did advise a wired connection to ensure no breaks in service. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

broksonic
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have since go myself these. l_16842033 and the games are now playing fine with no lag .

0 Kudos