Menu
ConnorGamerHD
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PlayStation Keeps Kicking Me Out

Hey guys, 

I hope one of you guys can help me with my issue.

So my issue has been happening for about a week now. When I am on PS4 I constantly get online but get kicked straight off within minutes. I go on and get a message saying 'network cannot connect to servers, network applications will not be available for this application' I have tweeted PlayStation and they told me it's too do with firewall. None of my settings have changed and this has been happening for a week. If anyone knows how to fix this issue please help as I want to play FIFA now. 

I can get on the PlayStation network too. If anyone can help it would be appreciated 

Thank you 

Connor Lewin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: PlayStation Keeps Kicking Me Out

Hi Connor

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection from the PS4 to the VM hub or a wireless connection? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired connection is more reliable.

Are you experiencing disconnects all day or only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends)?

Is it happening with all games or just FIFA?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
ConnorGamerHD
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey, 

Thank you for your reply. I have tried both wired and wireless and it happens on all games. I have the same router as you. It just drops out of games. I contacted PlayStation and they said it's all down to the firewall. 

Thank you for your help

Connor

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You could try turning the hub's firewall off to see if it makes a difference or try the hub in modem mode with just the PS4 connected by Ethernet.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

it can be a faulty hub there can be alot out there some people are lucky some are not

Using VIVID 200 Gamer Optical Fibre, Full House TV, Talk More Anytime

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
ConnorGamerHD
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all your help guys. I appreciate it. 

It has started to work again after a week so I'm happy. I don't know what has been done but I dance suddenly play again.

Thanks for your help guys.

Connor

0 Kudos