Menu
Jam87
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pings higher than usual after free upgrade

Hi all

Getting consistent lag and ping spikes in all of my online games after my free upgrade from 100mbs to 150mbs a week ago. Please can i get a check on my line.

Many thanks

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pings higher than usual after free upgrade

Hi Jam87,

Sorry to hear you're getting poor ping in your games. I've checked your connection and could see no issues from our side. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy.

If you haven't already I'd suggest trying the hub in modem mode with a PC in safe mode with networking. This will narrow down the possible causes quite a lot by eliminating the wireless signal, other devices on the LAN, the hubs router functions and any background software on the PC.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jam87
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thank you for replying. I have done as you suggested over the past 2-3 days and run speed tests. Today at around 22:02 I got a ping of 70 and download speed of 88mbp/s. The ping is nearly double that to what I have from tests a month ago and the download speed is actually lower then when I was on 100mb (I got upgraded for free to the 150mb package about 2.5 weeks ago and that is when this started).

I don't see how my ping can just randomly double - my house haven't moved, has the exchange? Am I being throttled at peak times?...

Many thanks

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the update and trying the suggested checks, disappointing to hear speeds are still below par.

I've just been running number of additional checks on your service and can see that your Hub is reporting high numbers of T3 time out errors on one of the upstream channels, as I can't see any wider network problems to explain the problem I think we'll need to arrange for an engineer visit to investigate locally.

I'll drop you Private Message so we can get this booked in for you.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos