Menu
Chippy95
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ping times - Latency

I keep getting lag when playing online games, I've ran a ping test and I keep getting spikes of over 100ms. What is everyone else getting? I tried running a test on the Virgin website they said to leave it for 10 minutes and then reboot the router which I've done but it's made no difference.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping times - Latency

Hi Chippy95,

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection, if wireless try wired. Pop the hub into modem only mode and the computer into safe mode with networking and let us know if this makes a difference. 

It may also help to see a TBB Graph (please be aware that this is an external website and we are not responsible for its contents). 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chippy95
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks for getting back to me, I have a wired network. I will try putting it into modem mode, but I have a Mac so can't put that into safe mode.

Thanks,
Matt
0 Kudos
Chippy95
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

I've ran the TBB quality test graph. How do I post a screenshot on here?

Thanks,
Matt
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

You can attach a screen shot by clicking on the little camera icon that says 'insert photo'.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have problems.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Chippy95
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm not quite sure how to read this. Can anyone help?FullSizeRender.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chippy95, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

From what I can see the connection is ok from this side, although I am currently having a little trouble viewing your power levels if you could post them up for me so we can be sure there are no underlying issues that would be great:

192.168.0.1 in the browser, log in  Username is admin and the password will be changeme, unless you have changed it.

Go to Advanced settings.

Go to Network Status, copy the results back here.

The graph shows quite a high level of maximum latency but I can't see a reason for it from this side currently. 

Was this posted from a wired or a wireless connection? 

If wireless re-try with the hub in Modem only mode

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Chippy95
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your response. It is a wired connection.

Cable Modem Status Item Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel(Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel(Hz)
Provisioning State

Was this what you were after?

Best regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
Dsmessenger
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too am having issues with high ping. I've been in constant dialog with activision regarding my multiplayer connection and issue then screen shots of my Xbox one connection status.

I've currently tried wireless, wired and modem mode. I've moved the home telephone in case of interference and I'm still having connection issues.

My latency is 146 on a wireless connection. I've also tried 2.4g and 5g connections.

When I've rest my SH and use it has a router I have issues with internet connection dropout also.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chippy95,

That's not quite what we were after but not to worry I've been able to check your power levels now and they look perfectly healthy. I'm not seeing any other issues on your line either, did you get a chance to try modem mode as Emma suggested?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos