Menu
Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ping spikes in most games

Noticed this maybe last week or the week before:

League of Legends: Ping rose from 20-25 to 30-60, this was all right to play with the first week. Week two however, if I have anything running at all -- skype, youtube, twitch, spotify, sometimes even just the game itself -- my ping spikes up to anything over 300 and back down to 20. It makes playing ranked (or even normals) with friends excruciatingly difficult, especially playing ADC.

Diablo 3: I play on NA, I've been going from 160 ping to over 700 and back again intermittently. Not the worst game to lag on, thankfully my character is softcore, so any deaths from spikes don't bother me too much, but sometimes the game will lock up when ping spikes. 

Counter Strike: Rubber banding like crazy, ping dependant on servers, but usually get kicked from servers for ping spikes.

Rocket league: Becomes unplayable with spikes.

And lastly -- partially related to gaming -- YouTube has been having buffering issues for a week now. I often have to refresh a video for it to load correctly.

Thank you for reading,

Stu

VVerden
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping spikes in most games

I have the same problem.

Playing Battlefield 4 and ping jumps from 30-50 to 300-800.

Tried to play at night. In 4 am,  ping was 30-40 to 200-400.

Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I should also add that I'm on the 152mb package. 

Dudefish
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seems to have been better today, but I will update further as the weekend approaches again.

Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dudefish

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are having when playing online and streaming. 

When checking your connection there are problems showing with both your upstream and downstream power levels. We will need to arrange an engineer visit and get these levels adjusted.

I'll drop you a PM to organise this.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
biei
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thats because Virginmedia cant provide proper service for the Money We Pay !

0 Kudos