Menu
Luke_Gracie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ping, skipping, latency and Packet loss

I'm having major issues (mainly on call of dutys) where I'm heavily skipping, freezing and having severe packet loss which is causing bullets to not work when shooting at enemies and making my hitbox 3 feet away from where I actually am. I have done some research on the hub 3 that was sent to me as I have had this problem for years but the hub 3 has even more errors that also lead to packet loss. This is a broadband quality monitor from today. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/df5fed8d277dd093e309e4a89a956c75-20-02-2017.html
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping, skipping, latency and Packet loss

Morning Luke,

The BQM looks within the range of the SH3/Hitron graphs. I've copied in our Business 300Mbit line from VM to show you what I mean.

My Broadband Ping - Work

Unfortunately I think this type of graph is quite common with the SH3 modem and Hitron modems because they use the same chipset.

Are you using any other networking devices on your internal network or is everything controlled via the SH3?

0 Kudos
Luke_Gracie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Everything is controlled through the SH3, however I have thought about getting an external router such as a nighthawk R7000 but as this issue has been ongoing with virgin media for the last 2 years I don't really want to spend that kind of money without actually knowing if it will fix the problems I'm having.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello Luke_Gracie,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your connection when playing online, I know this is irritating. So generally your connection performs okay, it's just when you're gaming? You might find that a 3rd party router helps. Are you relying on your wireless connection at the moment?

Catch up with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Luke_Gracie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, I'm currently running through wired on my PS4, the connection speeds appear to be good and I rarely lag when doing anything on my laptops or phone, however my PS4 seems to get the worst of the internet with constant latency and packet loss which is making bullets not connect when on a person and also getting killed when I'm very far round a wall. I've also tried to put the router into modem mode whilst playing to see if that fixes the problem but it's exactly the same.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Luke_Gracie,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

Does this only happen on one specific game, or multiple games? We might need to explore the options of Port Forwarding, this will often help with game specific issues. What NAT type are you getting?

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Luke_Gracie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Heather, These issues happens on FPS games (mainly call of duty), however I've already opened all the required ports and my NAT is open. The issues were happening with the Superhub 2 and have gotten even worse with the Superhub 3. Another thing to note is that these issues have been happening for almost a year and was around the time when my neighbors got their virgin media internet installed, I'm unsure if there's any correlation but figured it could be something. Lastly there are always multiple T3 timeouts, lost MDD timeouts, DHCP rebind warnings, DHCP failures and SYNC timing synchronization failures in the network logs and have been for the last year, I'm unaware of what they all mean but surely it can't be anything good.
0 Kudos
Luke_Gracie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/93065730588660a1e1894bd29c444c54-07-03-2017.html Just thought I'd add this as I keep getting disconnected from everything every 30 minutes and it lasts about 2 minutes.
0 Kudos
Luke_Gracie
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely love being completely ignored, it's great!
0 Kudos
tommey
Rising star
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Google Puma 6 

Then ask VM for bill credits until it's fixed

This is the poor quality of my Superhub 3 connection Smiley Sad
My Broadband Ping - Vivid 200 Gamer

Fault reported 09/2014 - Fault ticket raised 01/01/15 - Changed to 05/15 -  Changed to 12/08/15 - Changed to 14/10/15 - Changed to 04/11/15 - Changed to 15/04/16 - Changed to 06/07/16 - Changed to 31/09/16 - Changed to 30/11/16 - Changed to 15/02/17 - Changed to 12/07/17 - Changed to 20/09/17 - Changed to 14/06/17 - Changed to 10/01/18 < 3 YEARS SINCE FIRST TICKET

However thanks to BT Fibre Broadband I can actually game without lag Smiley Very Happy
My Broadband Ping - BT FIBRE 80/20

0 Kudos