Menu
connorf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ping issues to game servers, happens to UK, Netherlands and German servers, but not all the time.

I've noticed that sometimes when I'm playing I'll have 100+ms to certain servers, while people I'm playing with who are on rival company packages tend to have <30ms. It's not just me, me and a friend had 100+, both on VM but from different areas of the UK, while 3 others who are with Sky/BT had low ping. Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jokersdirect
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping issues to game servers, happens to UK, Netherlands and German servers, but not all the time.

Yes welcome to the best gaming isp as advertised 

connorf
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping issues to game servers, happens to UK, Netherlands and German servers, but not all the time.

Pretty much... getting a bit sick of it and a lot of friends don't seem to have a lot of issues with BT, perhaps the time for change has come

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping issues to game servers, happens to UK, Netherlands and German servers, but not all the t...

Hi connorf

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing when playing online.

I'll drop you a private message for some information to help us locate you and get this looked into.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ping issues to game servers, happens to UK, Netherlands and German servers, but not all the t...

Hi connorf

Thanks for responding to my message. 

Everything with your connection is looking ok. No issues showing with the hub or any problems on your network segment.

Could you try putting the hub in modem mode and let us know if this makes any difference.

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
connorf
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It's particularly difficult to test because it doesn't happen every day and even when it does happen it's not to every server. I can't really put my router in modem mode for an extended period of time as others need to use the internet.

0 Kudos
Hawkpaul
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

See my Xbox One shows ping at 170approx every time it's tested, yet when I do a Ping test with Virgin Superhub to Xbox it says it's 6.7 average

So they may see everything as "fine" but something's not right.

I've got an issue with COD disconnecting mid game and on COD the rest work fine.

That's how I came across the above.
0 Kudos
Bossreaper
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I have officially given up playing bf4 because of this issue. It is unbelievable bad now when it used to run great looks like i will hunting a new supplier.

0 Kudos
connorf
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So basically I'm being asked to run tests despite the fact a lot of people are having issues?
0 Kudos
-Rom-
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ill jump on this..as i have the same issue for about a week on and off.

Just wasted 20 mins of phone to support, to be told maybe its a wifi device trying to connect to a web page...

I have lower pings to  some US servers than i do EU..

There is a problem with the traffic routing somewhere. This is my problem, right now.

Heres a trace route to my usual server, taken right now, which has been around 30 ms since ive had Virgin...

As i said, there is an issue with one or more of the routing solutions used by Virgin. 

This is not all of our routers, or our pcs / consoles, or the servers faults. Please get this fixed, if you need any more help Im more than willing.