Menu
sam78640
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ping Spikes

This is really driving me insane.

This is my issue. From 2 month now i'm experiencing "ping spikes" which causes too much rubber banding in games like cs:go which makes its unplayable. I am using a WiFi connection and this never use to happen before in past 2 years. I dont know whats the problem. I tried Registry tweaks, IPv6, reinstalling, ditching AVG, reducing startup stuff, restoring the router to factory settings, updating the wifi driver, everything else. Sadly, nothing worked out for me. My internet speed is 100mbps download and around 4-6 mbps upload and currently using super hub 3.

Sometimes (once a week) in around afternoon it works fine. But sometimes.

Please help me resolve this issue.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Ping Spikes

Hi sam78640

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing high ping spikes.

From checking your connection, the line and hub are showing as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

I can see that you have disabled the wireless function within the Hub 3.0. Are you using your own router for the wireless connection? 

If so, do you get the same issue through a wired connection direct to the Hub 3.0? Are you able to post your ping test results please?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi sam78640

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing high ping spikes.

From checking your connection, the line and hub are showing as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

I can see that you have disabled the wireless function within the Hub 3.0. Are you using your own router for the wireless connection? 

If so, do you get the same issue through a wired connection direct to the Hub 3.0? Are you able to post your ping test results please?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

sam78640
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I got my owm router connected now and everything is running smooth on wifi now
0 Kudos
sam78640
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator